Nick Reyes of Frequent Miler joins the podcast this week. And substituting for Dave as co-host is Greg, THE Frequent Miler.
Right away Nick comes out saying why American Express MR points are better than Chase UR points. I actually think it’s an easy sell, since Amex has way more partners and Chase only has a few mediocre ones that Amex does not.
The amazing and most interesting part to me, was Nick talking about Avianca LifeMiles loop holes. In short, there are a lot of strange pricings that are much much lower than the award chart.
By adding random segments you can get a 30,000 mile flight to Europe down to 16,000 miles. You can make your business class ticket cheaper by adding throwaway economy segments. You can find 3,000 mile domestic flights, which is super random…
How To Listen
What we discuss:
- ANA, Avianca, Etihad Miles, Aeroplan, Singapore
- Chase has few extra partners and I try to argue that hotels are always bad transfer options. Thus, I don’t think there’s any added value there with Chase over Amex
- Earning. Is earning better with Chase?
- Nick talks about Amex Gold 4x options.
- Greg talks about how Ebates is now his favorite way to earn.
- Singapore allows a stopover for $100 (which I wrote about in Best Use of Singapore Miles).
- Avianca is crazy awesome and pricing things very oddly. We spend a lot of time on this.
- We talk about Nick’s job transition to blogging with Greg
- Throwaway Delta Miles segments to save miles.
Transcript Coming Soon