Best Western used to have this awesome Best Rate Guarantee. And then they took it away, then brought it back. And when I wrote my recent post on the Master List of Hotel Best Rate Guarantees, I checked Best Western’s, and there was none. None at all.
However, after I posted it, Jess commented telling me about the $100 Gift Card policy for Best Western BRGs. Well, sure enough, it’s back. Below I’ll explain some of the details and rules. But essentially, if you find a lower rate they match it and give you a $100 “Travel Card” good at Best Western.
This is so extremely generous and here’s why.
- Many of their hotels aren’t even worth $100.
- It’s given after the stay instead of as a discount. So you earn points on the stay.
- You earn points on stays while using the gift card.
- You can use your last BRG gift card on a current BRG. And thus get it free from the last BRG and get another $100 gift card, for another free stay… and round and round it goes.
- And the entire time you’re completing promotions toward your one account.
- You can go through your rebate portals too (5% at TCB).
And honestly, this makes more sense than Hilton giving $50 Amex cards. This encourages you to keep on staying at their brand. For a number of reasons it’s good for them. But I have a feeling that there will be a number of people who… um… won’t make them much money past the first day.
How it works:
Book on BestWestern.com and if you find a lower rate within 24 hours of booking you submit a claim online. Also note that you must book more than 48 hours before the earliest allowed checkin.
But it’s as easy as looking on Kayak.
What are the rules:
- One “Travel Card” every 30 days per household. (Do you and your spouse have the same address?).
- Obviously things need to match up – “same hotel, dates, length of stay, currency, number of guests and similar room type.” (Odd that it doesn’t say same terms and conditions for room rates & type. And it doesn’t mention the same cancelation policy, payment collection, payment rate (pre-paid), and other things the other hotels have. So odd.)
- Unfortunately they say that currency needs to match. I find this a little strict, but not a problem. IHG does it too.
- Difference in rate must be equal to or greater than $1.
I just don’t know what to say other than, just don’t abuse all the loopholes too much. Dear goodness.
Since we’ll be earning more Best Western points, I’ll be posting a bit about their rewards program and how to use points, status matching, etc… The first step here is find the cheapest BW to BRG to get the first $100 TC, as it takes 4-6 weeks to mail.
Oh and note that you get the gift card after you complete the stay. (I’m glad I won’t have to be tempted by that with them too.)
So, in the meantime, behave yourselves, as always.