Complete Map of IHG Rewards Hotels

Updated: Nov 1, 2016

Here’s a labor of love for the travel community. A complete map/tool of every IHG property, viewable by category.

(Click in the top right corner for full screen)

It’s simple, and should be accurate down to the exact location.

• Category 1 = 10,000 points
  • Category 2 = 15,000 points
  • Category 3 = 20,000 points
  • Category 4 = 25,000 points
  • Category 5 = 30,000 points
  • Category 6 = 35,000 points
  • Category 7 = 40,000 points
  • Category 8 = 45,000 points
  • Category 9 = 50,000 points
  • Category 10 = 55,000 points
  • Category 11 = 60,000 points

The key is on the left, and when you click on a category, you can highlight all the hotels in that category. But if you uncheck the box, the hotel no longer shows up. So you can only view category 1 hotels or only view category 11 hotels.

Hope you enjoy it

1. Cool, but not perfect! For instance no Belo Horizonte Holiday Inn?

• Thanks. Added it. I may have missed some new hotels. I’ll have to get a list of newly opened hotels.

2. Great list, I wish there was a Category 1 hotel here in Sydney but sadly there is not!
    You might mean HI Darling Harbour which is 35k pts/night?

• Yea, most big expensive cities dont have a category one. The HI Darling Harbour is on there… yes?

• Sorry I should have specified – when I look at the map to show only Category 1’s one is showing up in Sydney, Australia called the Holiday Inn Waterfront. It says the country as Canada though so perhaps it is just pinned to the wrong Sydney?

• Well, beside the fact I didn’t know about it until now…
      The two maps display quite differently for both being google powered, because of they way they are layered (mine is by category instead of chain).
      Although that’s a great tool, the goal of this map is to quickly get ideas of what properties are out there and by which category.

Isn’t it funny to hear someone complain of two sites on the internet having similar content thought? 😀

• I think both are very useful, although I am surprised you didn’t know about AwardMapper. I have found that to an incredibly useful tool for quite awhile now. The developer is very responsive as well. You can’t beat free for both though. Thanks for the hard work!

• Yep, thank you. It has some great extra features, like listing all the region hotels on the side, and again, comparing with different chains. But I’m a less is more kinda person. Either way, both are great. :-)

• Appreciate your efforts again Drew….. I too didn’t know about award mapper, until “frequent miler” mentioned it recently (almost by accident, under “tools we use”) Yet in trying a.m. recently, I’ve discovered that tool has frequent errors (on point values needed – esp. w/ IHG) It’s also quite cumbersome too. (especially if you’re trying to find hotels with just one chain, in a given area…. like Club Carlson)

Speaking of which, if you’d like to try your hands at another cool graphic, how about Club Carlson? When you, Daraius (mms) and others have mentioned the CC credit card (with its free second night perk on reward nights) you don’t usually mention how difficult it is to find reasonable Club Carlson properties….. stateside anyway. (and I’m not sure the tool for the purpose even on the CC web site is accurate — it only lists 6 – six – properties as category 1 in the US)

Likewise, the award mapper tool, even if you reduce it to hunting for CC hotels…. is… a pain to use. :-)

• AwardMapper isn’t maintained. It continues to show obsolete hotels and fails to show new acquisitions.

• Because being able to sort by category is infinitely more useful.

3. Maps like these make me SO happy. For every trip I always tirelessly make lists of all possibly chains, locations, categories, point value, hotel pros/cons.

What? Me OCD? Never! :)

• Hey I won’t judge you. I spent the weekend making a color coded map of IHG properties. 😀

• 😀
      Thanks Carolyn! More to come.

• You’re welcome Carolyn. you can search by category with the slide bar at the top of the map.

4. Incredible. I have been so frustrated with the crappy hotel websites for most of the chains, this is superb.

• Thanks. Actually, while making these I realized just how bad the resources are for finding all the hotels in a category.

• Thanks! This is great. Any thoughts on the best “Caribbean” type hotel for a family of 3 to use points on?

• Holiday Inn Aruba and HI Grand Cayman allow 4 ppl on points, depending on the room type. Resorts are chill about that – haven’t been to either properties but islands are cool. I didn’t like San Juan, personally. And otherwise not a lot of options. And the HIs in Cancun are terrible locations (I’ve stayed at both).

• Switched to a category 1, thanks!

5. Great map! I assume the hardest thing to do here is to keep the data up to date.

Even though I’m an SPG guy, I’d love to see Hyatt next.

• Yea… I don’t even wanna think about that. 😀 I guess I’ll need to get a list of hotels opened in the last year, at the end of the year and just go through em. Idk.

Hyatt is done. So maybe I’ll post that next week. 😀

• Thanks. I’m glad it’s seen as amazing and not insane. 😀

6. Love the map! I will be using it.

• Great. Hope so. :-)

7. Hey Drew, I love the site. The first thing I check when looking for hotels is if there’s a Club Carlson property nearby — you know, the whole last night free with cc thing. So in order to make my life easier :), I vote your next map to be Club Carlson!

• Noted. 😉

8. So now you’re teasing us with the Hyatt post?!

Since you already have Hyatt done, the next two should definitely be SPG and Club Carlson in whatever order you think best. Just don’t keep the masses waiting!

• I’ve noticed that if you publish all of one kind of content back to back to back, the masses get bored. 😀 Soon, soon.

9. Nice work! You are missing the 2nd (and better) IC in Bora Bora though.

• It’s weird because they are both just sitting on top of each other. Let me see if I can get them to be in their exact locations.
      Thanks!
      Drew

• Got it, apparently I could just drag them over to their spots. 😀

10. Thank you for the great map, Drew. IHG is my go-to chain, and I’ll generally stay in as low a category as possible (if it’s location and reviews are tolerable). The category-filtering ability of this map is just what I need!

• Great to hear! That makes two of us. :-)

11. Awesome job, Drew! Adding one more vote for Club Carlson.

• Thanks.
      I think CC is winning then. I think Sunday night I’ll post it.

12. While I’m a devoted Award Mapper-er (?), I am super impressed with the work you put into this! Thanks for this post!

• Thanks for noticing. :-)

13. Awesome. Many thanks.

• Thanks for visiting!
      Drew

14. Ah, I stumbled on your blog through a suggestion on feedly! This is fantastic! I’m moving across the country in a month and was piecemeal trying to figure out where I could stop and stay on points.

• Awesome! Plenty of great domestic options, and check the PointBreaks list of course.
      Thanks for stopping by,
      Drew

15. This is brilliant. I’m planning something for October/Nov, and hoping to use IHG points for a few of those stays so I’ll definitely be referring back to this.

(Also, by the by, your Holiday Inn – Gebze in Istanbul is pinned in the wrong region.)

16. Holiday Inn Sydney – Waterfront is NOT really in Sydney, it’s in Canada somewhere, hence the 10k price point.

man, that discover was a real letdown. I thought there was actually a good deal for a moment.

• Changed. Thanks for pointing that out.
      My first thought was, “wow, I wish there was a 10k on the waterfront in Sydney.”
      My second thought was, “cool, a 10k in Nova Scotia”.

17. Few glitches to note, InterContinental CENTURY CITY CHENGDU is showing up in Florida north of Pensacola; InterContinental BETHLEHEM (JACIR PALACE) is showing up in Bethlehem, PA not the Middle East; Holiday Inn Express & Suites HOUSTON INTERCONTINENTAL EAST is being shown as an IC hotel.

Appreciate the work!

• All of these are kind of funny glitches. But I do appreciate the note. Fixed now.
      I think the IC Bethlehem is no more.

18. Great map! Thanks! One more fix- the hotel near Basel, Switzerland is really St Louis, MO

• Close. But fixed… thanks for letting me know!

19. I think you are missing the IC Thalasso on Bora Bora. I only see the Moana.

20. Awesome tool Drew, do you have this data in Excel? I’d like to be able to sort by region and price without having to scroll all over the map and click each icon. Thx!

21. Love your site. Click on Philly & get
    Holiday Inn BERLIN – CITY WEST
    Location Holiday Inn BERLIN – CITY WEST
    City BERLIN
    Country Germany Points 10000

22. Great tool, You might want to remove Crowne Plaza ST. PETERSBURG – LIGOVSKY from St. Pete in Florida.

23. Would be awesome if this could be updated for category changes and point differences. Getting excited for a property listed at 40k and then going to find out it’s now 50k is a real dreamkiller with 80k points in my account.

24. You’ve got your Crowne Plazas in Dublin mixed up and you’re missing one. The labelled “Northwood” is where CP Blanchardstown is, and the actual CP Northwood is missing. It should be next to the Holiday Inn near the airport.

25. Missing Crowne Plaza, Chennai, India. This used to be a Sheraton.

Also note, two other properties in Chennai are set to open soon.

26. The crown Plaza in Wiesbaden, Germany is closed :(

27. Thank you so much. IHG should be paying you for every view of this page. Now I know which site to book through for credit card signups. Cheers!

28. about the Holiday Inn Resort KRABI AO NANG BEACH (THAILAND)

It is listed as a Cat. 1 hotel on your map (10K), however in early January we payed 25k per night.

The map is an awesome tool – I’m impressed!

I just wish I could get the points as cheaply as you guys in the US.
    If you have any idea how Europeans can earn points in a similar way, pls let me know. You don’t happen to know of a Europ. counterpart?

29. I agree with James’ comment on Jan23rd, IHG should buy this from you. This page is much better than their cumbersome internet site !
    By the way ‘Holiday Inn DERBY – NOTTINGHAM M1, JCT.25′ is mislocated on the map. It appears far North in Scotland, instead of its actual location near Nottingham, UK.

30. FYI – I think The Interncontinental in Lisbon is missing

31. IHG now has a 60000 points category.

Also, many hotels have moved up or down categories.

I do appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the hotel maps – but they do need to be updated once in a while otherwise they stop being so useful. I wonder if there’s a way for other people to help out.

32. Holiday Inn DERBY – NOTTINGHAM M1, JCT.25 is shown as being in a tiny village called Nottingham in Scotland, nowhere near the main Nottingham.

33. Drew,

I’m getting this on all the “Complete Maps” I’ve tried, and on 3 different Browser:

500. That’s an error.

There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

34. Great concept.

The InterCon, Da Nang (or Danang) is listed in wrong category; it’s 50k pts per night, so cat9… sadly. Wish it was your cat3!

35. Thanks for the map. There’s also a Holiday Inn Express in Kona, Hawaii that you missed. They have so few properties there it was easy to spot.

36. Pls stop making these, Drew. They’re giving me too many travel ideas!! But seriously, hats off for the great work.

37. Looks like its missing Holiday Inn Express & Suites : Kailua-Kona

38. Jiuzhai Harpo (China) appears in Russia.

39. You are the best! Thank you!!!

40. You are missing at least 3 IHG hotels in Sapporo Japan.

41. Great Maps, love them. If you keep them updfates it will really drive visits to the site.

Do you have a Le Club Accor one ?