The greatest list of hotel Best Rate Guarantees ever. Well… as long as it’s the only one I know of, I’ll continue to claim that title. (Don’t tell me if there’s a better one I prefer ignorance, and the title). But really, here is the best rate/price guarantee policies for most major chains, some small chains, and some online travel booking sites.
I don’t mention some hotel chains, simply because they don’t offer one (a Best Rate Guarantee). Well, they usually offer to match, but… might as well book on the other site then and not go through the trouble. Although, I get it, it’s supposed to add peace of mind to booking. But it also saves hotels money not to dish out to the booking sites.
These are in some kind of relative order. Mostly top down on what I would go for. Understand it’s preference though. I prefer a free night for a one night stay. However, some people have 14 night stays and thus the Marriott 25% off, would be killer. But it’s not about the order, it’s about the info.
Major hotel chains:
- InterContinental Hotel Group – Match and give first night of the stay free
- Choice Hotels – Match and give first night of the stay free
- Best Western – Match and give $100 gift card
- Starwood – Match & 10% off, or 2,ooo points
- Hilton – Match & $50 per stay
- Club Carlson – Match and 25% off
- Marriott – Match and 25% off
- Omni – Match & 25% off
- Hyatt – Match & 20% off
- Accor Hotels – Match & 10%
- Shangri-La – Match & 10%
- Mandarin Oriental – Match & 10%
- Wyndham – Match & 10%
- Kimpton Hotels – Match & $25 toward food
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts – Match and “up to 50% off” for 3 nights
Europe, Asia and Africa and excludes a few hotels. View their map here to find locations.
- Kempinski Hotels – Match & 25%
Big in Europe and Asia
- Rydges Hotels and Resorts – Match and 50% for 1 night
Big hotel chain in Australia and New Zealand (+ Middle East & UK)
- Citadines – Match and 50%
The Ascott, Somerset and Citadines – In Asia and Europe
- Langham Hospitality Group – Match and 25%
- Fiesta Americana – Match and 25%
- Affinia Hotels – Match & $50 credit + room upgrade
Small New York chain.
- Danubius Hotels – Match & €30 toward food
European hotel chain based in Hungry
- Vienna International – Match & €30 toward food
- Jurys Inn – Match & 1,000 points
Big UK hotel chain. Click here to see what you can redeem 1,000 points. Rooms go 3k-20k. Unless you have a travel agent account… and then it’s too good to be true? Someone please explain how I can get these redemptions? Seriously.
- OZO hotels – Match and free upgrade
Small chain in Asia. But could book the room under a suite to get upgraded to a suite.
- Same with Amari
Online Travel Agencies:
- Traveocity – Match & $50 off the next trip
- Vegas – Double the difference up to $150
- Priceline – Match & $25 + a $50 vacation package coupon
- CheapTickets – Match and $50 credit
- Vayama – Match and $50 credit
- BudgetAir – Match and $50 credit
- Expedia – Match and $50 credit
- Orbitz – Match and $50 credit
- Change currency
- Click through and verify the price
- Look for the final price. Sometimes the big bold price has a little price under it that includes taxes and fees.
- Same cancelation policy
- Always book cancelable rooms
- With IHG it has to be able to book in that currency. This is particularly annoying because if you find a rate much cheaper on a different site in USD instead of Euro (or whatever), it is invalid if it does not take payment in the same currency.
- Sometimes an OTA’s site will display slightly different results based on the country. I.e. expedia.de instead of .com.
- There are tons of sites that seem to offer lower prices every time, but the site will never lead to a valid BRG. Perhaps they take a $20 deposit or are only non-refundable. There are a number of these goofy sites, remember to avoid those, like logitravel.
- Free nights (with IHG or Choice) do not give elite night credit or points (in theory at least)
Search aggregators (to find BRGs):
- Kayak.com (and its different version for each country)
More in depth posts can be found here:
- Complete Guide to Free Nights with IHG’s Best Rate Guarantee
- The Secret to Getting Free Nights with Hilton’s Best Rate Guarantees
- 5 Best Rate Guarantees with a Free Night
- Breaking Marriott’s Best Rate Guarantee
- Best Western’s Best Rate Guarantee
I did this mostly for myself, but figured this could be very useful for other people, although very different than most of the posts on here. Still, I want to know more Best Rate Guarantees, so if you have any more links, programs, or info to add, please do so below!